Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Interview with Eloise Knapp

Eloise Knapp Interview


Eloise Knapp is a multi-talented designer and author who makes Seattle her home.  Her breakthrough book, The Undead Situation (published by Permuted Press), takes a unique perspective on a zombie outbreak.  Her latest book, Pulse, is a leading seller on Amazon in Post-Apocalyptic fiction.  She has an eclectic set of hobbies which includes guns, baking, and quilting.




Why do you write about dark and scary things?
I've been infatuated with things that scare me since I was a little kid. All my aunts and uncles loved Twin Peaks and X-Files. My grandpa would tell me classic horror stories like "the hook hand on the car door" and such. It definitely stuck, and here I am!

What is your latest project/release and what is it about?
My latest release is a book called Pulse. It is about a deadly parasite that makes people go insane and become extremely violent.


When did you know you wanted to be a writer and how do you go about the writing process?
I've always written little stories here and there. I didn't know I wanted to write whole novels until one of my family members did. I felt inspired, and like it was something I could do. For my writing process, I usually let an idea percolate for a few months before I start to write. I do outlining, and a bit of writing by the seat of my pants.

What advice do you have for other writers?
Write every day. Even if you only write a couple hundred words, you have to get into the habit. Writing is a muscle you have to work out.

What’s up next for you?
I'm finishing the last book in my Cyrus V. Sinclair trilogy, then after that... the world!



Eloise Knapp bibliography:

The Undead Situation

The Undead Haze

Pulse

No comments:

Post a Comment