Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Going Indie and Joining a Publishing House


The above title probably sounds like an oxymoron.  How can someone go Indie and then join a publishing house?  

Well, it can be done if you join a house that specializes in cultivating indie writers.  I’m proud to announce that I’ve joined a group of talented and creative writers who are working with the J. Ellington Ashton Press.  They have signed me up to represent my upcoming novel, Sanctuary from the Dead.  

It is an exciting and unexpected move for me, but one that I feel is right for me at this point in my career.  Sometimes I feel pretentious to say I have a “career” as a writer since I’ve only published a handful of short stories and a novella, but it’s time to face the facts world -- I’m a writer.

For about 24 hours, I weighed the pros and cons and think that I can gain a great deal by working with writers and editors who have great track records and know their way around the business.  Their extensive marketing avenues dwarf what I could do on my own.  

Anyway, it’s a brave new world for me and I’m excited to be a part of it.  More to come as I learn and experience more on this exciting new adventure.

1 comment:

  1. R.J.---First off, congratulations. Since I have also had a novel accepted by JEA Press (I have not yet signed the contract) I would appreciate any feedback you can give re your experience with them. You can access my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.goldman1 and drop me an e-mail there. I'll be happy to return the favor in any way I can. Thanks--Ken Goldman

    ReplyDelete