Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Free eBook Analysis: One Month Out

Late in April, I participated in Facebook Zombie Fest eBook Bonanza.  It was wonderful event with a lot of zombie authors participating.  A lot of free ebooks were given away.  I was one of the benefactors.  I gave away over 400 copies of my novella, Forget the Alamo.

But what did it all mean?  Sure it meant that my book was in a lot of people's hands (or on their Kindles), but what did it mean in terms of sales and reviews?

Tallying it up, I received 6 reviews, 5 on Amazon and 1 on Goodreads.  That's a good thing.  One month out, I had 23 sales.  I know three of those were friends.  So, really 20 sales.  Its been several days since the last sale so I fear that the momentum may be gone.  

In the end, I gained a lot of exposure.  Sure, I wish some of those free books netted me some reviews.  Right now, I'm at just over a 1% conversion rate of free books/reviews.  

Would I do it again?  Sure.  I'm a lot better off than I was before.  I can say that a lot more people know about me than they did in the past.  

No comments:

Post a Comment