Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

28 Weeks Later - Re-viewed

"28 Days Later" and "28 Weeks Later," while not really zombie movies, get lumped in with the genre and that's okay with me.  Anyway, I just re-watched 28 Weeks Later for the first time since I originally saw it in the theater upon its original release.  So, here's my review of my re-view.

First, I'm a huge fan of "28 Days Later."  You need to know that.  So, it would be challenging for a sequel to match my expectations.  And it didn't.  But it still had its merits.

"28 Week Later" picks up where "28 Days Later" left off, only 28 Weeks Later amd that's probably one of my biggest contentions with the movie because the foundational premise is that London is being re-populated.  A plague as devastating as one that took place in the original movie would require a lot more time for officials to deem the area safe.  28 Months later would been more buyable.  But, you have to run with what they give you.

"28 Week Later" has a great introductory scene.  You get a real sense of the fear of this band of survivors and when they are beset upon my a horde of ragers, that fear gets amped up by an exponential level.  Upon reviewing the movie, I discovered that I had a lot more sympathy for the character that Robert Carlyle portrays.  It was the devil's choice he was given.

The movie moves at a frantic pace once it starts rolling.  The suspense leading up to the ball rolling is quite good also.

Let me say that the acting is first rate as is the production.  I had forgotten that Jeremy Renner was it and that was a nice surprise.  Rose Bryne also gives a great turn, but its Robert Carlyle and the two young actors that play his kids that steal the show.  They are very impressive.

My biggest qualms with the movie are with its script and most of that is with the premise but there are a couple unexplained implausibilities that occur that stretched the films credibility.

Despite this. I still enjoyed the film a great deal.  It's a great little thrill ride.

By the way, here's the trailer if you want to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiLQmDBQawE

No comments:

Post a Comment